Blackberry Creek Elementary School’s Pop Open a Good Book Read-A-Thon
Blackberry Creek PTO is proud to announce our first Read-A-Thon Fundraiser!
We want all of our students to develop a love of reading for pleasure, for knowledge, and for adventure. This NEW fundraiser will not only support our school but also supports each student’s personal reading development goal.
How It Works:
Every day beginning Friday, February 25 through Sunday, March 13 students will earn money by reading books. Students will receive pledges from family and friends to support their efforts.
Click here for a day-by-day calendar for the Read-a-thon!
Why participate in this important FUNdraiser?
1. If we hit our goal, there will be a free Block Party for all Blackberry families on Saturday, May 7th! 2. You can earn prizes, for yourself, your class and your teacher!! (Click here to see all the exciting prizes!)
3. The money raised will go towards the following:
- Assemblies & Field Trips
• Classroom Expenses
• Educational Enhancements
• Playground Equipment
• The many other opportunities sponsored by the PTO.
• Reading before and after school
• Reading on the bus
• Being read to by other people
• Reading aloud to a pet
• Homework reading counts as long as it is done before or after school
• Reading aloud to other people counts. If you happen to read to someone who is also participating in
the Read-A- Thon, it counts for both of you! Click here for a log to keep track of all of your minutes!
The Read-a-thon is a super fun event and an opportunity to teach our kids about how each of us can make a difference.
***In Lieu of fundraising you may choose to just “write a check” for the student goal of $40 (or any other amount) ***
Blackberry Creek Elementary PTO has teamed up with Get Movin’© for our Read-A-Thon to make this event fun and profitable with online mobile friendly technology. We want all of our children to develop a love of reading for pleasure, for knowledge, and for adventure. Please help us reach our fundraising goal by supporting our Read-A-Thon. Click here for information on how to start collecting online donations!
You can view the entire Read-A-Thon packet here!